WORDPRESS REFRESHER COURSE
The next WordPress course will be held in Delgany Co. Wicklow
- This course is on 19th October 2017
- At the Gate Lodge, Priory road, Delgany.
- Times: 10am – 12noon
- It’s limit to 6 places and is €60 per person per a class.
- The coures is aimed at people who already have a WordPress website but need to update their skills.
- The course will also look at plugins and search engine optimisation.
- The course trainer is Sheena Gogarty
- If interested please click here to fill in your details.
To book the course, get detail information on this course or for information on our training courses in Dublin just click here to send us a message.
BEGINNERS COURSE ON SETTING UP A WEBSITE
Training course is every Friday morning over 3 weeks at 10am to 12 noon at Web Training Wicklow. The cost for 3 Fridays is €180 +vat.
if you would like more information on beginners courses, just click here to send us a message.
Part 1 – Why On line?
- The Irish online landscape and what are the benefits to your business
- The internet and the way it is used
- Search Engines and how web sites are found .com & .ie log in or log out.
- Sites that make the first page and why
- Building online presence
Preparing for your website – Who, What and Why
- Who are you trying to target
- What are you trying to sell, promote or inform
- Why do you want a web site?
- Picking a Domain name
- Preparing visual images, content and call to action
- Set up a Gmail account for Part 2 and 3
Part 2 – Setting up a web site with WordPress
- Installing WordPress
- Confirmation details by email and saving site information
- Using the control panel
Start building the site with WordPress
- Overview of the WordPress Dashboard
- Where to begin and setting up the home page
- Adding upgrades and plugins
- Site Settings and adding your location and social networks
- Picking a theme and preparing your graphic banner
- Adding images and links to pages
- Help and support – How to use it
- Using the Search Engine Optimisation package
Part 3 – Google – Ad words, Webmaster tools, Keywords and Analytics
- Using the keywords tools
- Setting up a Google Ad words campaign
- Analytics what it is and activating it.
- Outline other useful google tools: Picasa, Google Maps, You Tube & Docs
- Finally, finish off with links to helpful information sites and links to training videos