Thursday 8th March 2018 from 10:00 to 12:00
This Workshop will cover the following areas:
- WordPress installation and initial set-up
- Branding your website.
- Adding pages and content.
- Uploading an image gallery and slideshow.
- Creating a navigation menu with drop-down menu option.
To book a place please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting up and developing a Website
This training course is for Beginners and we will train you on setting up and developing a WordPress Website in 3 stages as listed below:
WordPress training courses are held in Web Training Wicklow Offices in Delgany Co.Wicklow. These courses can be booked by one person or up to a group of 5 people. Total cost is €150 + vat. The course has 3 parts (as listed below) each part is 2 hours and can be booked over 3 days or once a week for 3 weeks.
To book this WordPress course email us at: email@example.com
Part 1 – Why On line?
- The Irish online landscape and what are the benefits to your business
- The internet and the way it is used
- Search Engines and how web sites are found .com & .Ie log in or log out.
- Sites that make the first page and why
- Building online presence
Preparing for your website – Who, What and Why
- Who are you trying to target
- What are you trying to sell, promote or inform
- Why do you want a web site?
- Picking a Domain name
- Preparing visual images, content and call to action
- Set up a Gmail account for Part 2 and 3
Part 2 – Setting up a web site and WordPress
- Domain name and Cloud hosting
- The Difference between WordPress.com & WordPress.org
- Installing WordPress
- Confirmation details and saving site information
- Using the Cloud Hosting control panel
Start building a test website with WordPress
- Setting up a free WordPress website
- Overview of the WordPress Dashboard
- Where to begin and setting up the home page
- Adding upgrades and plugins
- Site Settings and adding your location and social networks
- Picking a theme and preparing your graphic banner
- Adding images and links to pages
- Help and support – How to use it
- Using the Search Engine Optimisation package
Part 3 – Google – Ad words, Keywords and Analytics
- Linking your website to social media sites
- Using the keywords tools
- Setting up a Google Ad words campaign
- Analytics what it is and activating it.
- Outline other useful google tools: Picasa, Google Maps, You Tube & Docs
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a way of getting information up on web. It was first set up for blogs and is a powerful content management system, it is now used by millions of people around the world in setting up web sites
Why is it so useful and successful
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org is open source software – it is free.
- WordPress.org can be uploaded to the web site server, this means you can control every element of the site.
- If you get a Web designer or web developer to upload software to your server they can then add in extra software to suit your business needs.
- You can build extremely attractive creative sites with WordPress.org
- It has a very effective search engine optimisation element to it and preforms well with search engines browsers.
- It is easy to use and can be updated and changed to grow with your Business.
How do I get WordPress software?
I . It is best to book your domain name and cloud hosting with a server yourself and make sure that it’s supports WordPress. Letshost.ie is Irish company that’s supports Wordpress and they have a very helpful support team.
2. We will upload the software to your site during the course if you have completed the above point .
3. The course will also cover: Setting up pages, adding copy, images, keywords, links and videos.